Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How Did it Began for You?



As a parent, you really can't get enough of blogs like this one. I personally scour the www to get helpful tips about how to raise my kids. Now I have 3 kids --all girls, 2 are already out, 1 still on the oven due this March -- I thought it's time to pay it forward and contribute. www has help me a lot in past, now... it's about time to return the favor.

Father Image

I always thought I'd make a good father. My friends say it all the time. I don't know why, but I get comments like, "I'm sure you'll make a good husband and a father in the future." Maybe because I'm big, or maybe because I channel this aura of dependability and trustworthiness... maybe. In short, I have no idea what is it about me that makes people around me say fatherly things about me.

Funny thing about it is I played with it. I decide that if someone needs to be it why not me. The ladies dig my new found role and I scored! Big time! As long as played the role of being a listener, a confidante, a-shoulder-to-cry-on, ladies didn't mind even if I pushed my own agenda forward.

Pregnancy Test Result =

5 years ago, my ex-girlfriend (now my wife) and I discovered that we're havin' a baby. Two lines means positive. I refused to believe it til I saw it with my own eyes. Two red lines. I can't forget how I felt that time, we were in hot basement parking lot but to me it felt like Antartica -- I froze!

I Turned out Alright

Well, in retrospect, my friends were right after all. As it turned out, fatherhood was something that came natural to me. I enjoy being a father and a husband. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. Initially I froze... well, it's fear of the unknown I guess. I know now that that long silent pause 5 years ago was the "inner father" that's finally breaking out in the open. Life was never the same for me and my wife, and both our families.

Thread Lightly

This blog is not intended to inspire you to become a father. Fatherhood is not for everyone. My intention is to present my readers with truths on how we raised, and is still raising our family. If this blog found you as a single person, read on so you'll get a glimpse of what's ahead. If it found you already a father, then my friend this blog will be a helpful resource for you and your wife to maintain sanity while raising a family.

Parenting by Ear

Our style of parenting is no style at all. As I've said earlier, I use to scour the www for all available resources. I've read book after ebook on the subject of parenting. I sucked it all in. Nothing worked until we tried to just "play it by ear".

Unfortunately, parenting is not like an internet business that can be automated. You need to be there to call the shots or else you miss a once in a lifetime opportunity to make an impression on your kid.

Parenting by ear is a "gutt feel" approach to parenting. Do what works, and discard what doesn't. My goal is to simplify your life as a family by suggesting stuff that we have tried and tested in a lively and entertaining tone. 



I will do the research for you and present you with articles from experts, and I will give my own view as it applies in real life. Our life.


No comments:

Post a Comment